Tuesday, December 16, 2008

25% Done!

Well, the first semester is over, and I'm a quarter of the way to a master's degree. Only three more left before I have to go back out into the real world. In just a few months back in school, I've had some pretty incredible experiences, learned a ton, and, yes, even had a little fun. Hangin' with the Goin' Band during this football season was amazing. That being said, it was a little disheartening to experience the worst 11-1 season in the history of college football. I just hope our team gets hyped up for this Cotton Bowl that nobody really wanted to end up playing in. Ole Miss is going to come ready to play, and I fear we may see another game like the last two. The question is, does Graham have another impossible comeback left in him?

It's nice to have a little downtime between the end of school and Christmas. It's one of the things I missed when I started teaching public school (where they'd keep the kids until Christmas Eve if they could). I'm trying to avoid the laziness trap and get a few things done around the house. It's tough, though. For the first time, I put Christmas lights on my house this year. This week, we're getting ready to go to Chicago for the Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic. This is my first time to go to the convention and my second visit to Chicago, so I'm pretty excited. It's going to be cold. Whoever decided that Chicago in December was a good site for a convention obviously had some issues. At any rate, it should be a fun trip. Amanda and I are going to see Wicked while we're there, something we've been trying to do for awhile. By sheer coincidence, we're going to the show on our anniversary. Other than that, we might go to a few concerts and try not to spend too much money on the Magnificent Mile.

After Chicago, it's back to beautiful Lubbock for Christmas with the in laws. Then, off to DFW to see my family when they get back from their tropical Christmas in Guam. A little family time and a bowl game, then it's back to the grindstone. Needless to say, it's been incredibly busy around here, and I've been under my fair share of stress. But, one semester in, I'm more than convinced that being back in school is the best place for me right now.

No comments: