Monday, November 3, 2008

Anything Is Possible...

Ok, so it's been forever since I posted on my blog. I figure now is as good a time as any. Sure, there's been a lot going on in my life. I'm having a great time in school. I'm learning a ton as a teaching assistant and in my classes. Somehow, we're not having any troubles getting by... for now. All in all, it looks like going back for a master's degree was the best thing for me at this point in my life.

But, I'm more interested in talking about my Red Raiders! Unless you've been living in a bomb shelter, you've seen what's happened this season. The boys started off with just another Tech football season. Beating the crap out of Little Sisters of the Poor. Nearly giving away games that should have been no problem. But, the last three weeks have been astounding. And now, it looks the unthinkable may be possible.

Beating Texas (even by the skin of our teeth) puts this season in a totally different perspective. For the first time since I've been a conscious Texas Tech football fan, we control our own destiny with just three games left. And the truly astounding thing is that, I think we can actually make it happen. At the risk of sounding overconfident, I don't think we'll have much of a problem beating Oklahoma State. They do have an outstanding running game, but you can't really come from behind by running the ball and I don't think they can hold our offense down. My prediction is Tech by 24. I also think that, with a bye week to prepare, Tech can take down OU. If these two games play out the way I feel they will, I don't think Tech can be stopped. Not from winning the Big 12, and not from winning the national championship. It's an unbelievable thought, and most of my friends (fellow Tech fans) think I'm crazy. But, I feel it in my gut. This is Tech's year. I've joked about that before. But, now that it's within reach, I really do believe. I think Alabama will lose to LSU, leaving Tech as the #1 team going into the OU game. I don't think that OU has the defense to hold us down, and I certainly don't believe that Missouri has any defense at all.

Tech will play Penn State for the national championship. I'll get a free trip to Miami to watch. And, I'll get to see Tech beat the Nittany Lions for the most unexpected championship in the history of the BCS.

Now it's up to Graham, Michael, and the boys to keep me from sounding like an idiot. GO TECH!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Honey, I don't think you're crazy! It is so super exciting.....Thanks for being at TA at Tech so that I can come along! Even if we don't have much money, hey, we have Tech football!!

April Pier said...

Too bad Penn State lost yesterday and Alabama barely beat LSU. Tech should've been #1 this week. Oh well, we'll just have to beat the crap out of OU to prove that this really is our year. You're not crazy!!