Saturday, July 19, 2008

Finally...

Well, I've finally gotten to a point of the summer where I can actually take some time off. I probably shouldn't whine. I did go to Disney World, spend some time in East Texas, spend time with the family in Southern California, and lose a bunch of money in Vegas. So, to say I haven't had any vacation would be a little misleading. Within days of getting home from Vegas, I started a week of teaching at Texas Tech Band and Orchestra Camp, followed immediately by a 5 day conducting symposium.

Now that all that has passed, I can enjoy the part of the summer I really like. Now, for a few weeks anyway, I get to just spend some time at home. It's not like I'm just going to be lazy, as I have several things I'll be doing around the house. Plus, I'll be getting my brain back in gear for placement exams in August. I'll also be working at my glorious part-time job a lot more. Even as busy as I'll be, it'll be nice to just be at home for awhile.

No comments: