Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School

Well, I go back to school today. It's actually going to be a little weird. I've spent the last week and a half (which actually feels like a month) working with Goin' Band pretty much around the clock, so actually starting classes today will be a nice change of pace. I'm interested to see how different this whole graduate school thing is. I'm taking 9 hours, just enough to be full time, but I'm sure that I will be plenty busy all the same.

I'm enrolled in trombone lessons, and I found out last night that I auditioned into Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I'm really looking forward to playing on a regular basis again. What I'm most interested in, though is what I actually came back to school for-the conducting. Ironically enough, it's the one thing that has sort of been forgotten in the weeks leading up to today. I'm sure that will all change soon, as I have my first seminar class with Dr. McKoin today.

As dumb as it sounds, I sort of feel like a freshman all over again. I'm not really sure what to expect this week, but I'm excited that it's finally here.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good luck on your first day back to school honey, and congrats on SWE. Love you ;-)